Why use us?
Our mission is to take the stress and risk out of your transition to a rest home. We give you the confidence to choose a rest home that fits your needs. We handle the complexities of searching and applying so you can focus on your big change. At a time when you may fear loss of independence or grieve about leaving behind a home or loved ones, we will be there to help you prepare for your new surroundings and lifestyle.
What do we offer?
Finding a home that provides a safe environment, good quality of care and that supports the pattern of life you want can be complex. Envisioning what will work for you, having the care expertise to know what you need and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of different rest homes requires skill and experience. This is where Care-Transition comes in. We are professionals with expertise in care quality and assessment. We simplify the complex so you take advantage of what we know about you and the rest homes when you make your choice.
How do we help you?
Choosing a rest home is often influenced by subjective evaluations: the beautiful building, the friendly people, the leisure facilities available, etc. It can feel almost like choosing a holiday or a hotel. While these provide important feelings of well-being, the most important things a care home provides are:
- Safe and high quality care
- Facilities that help you achieve a pattern of life that is important to you.
- We help you think through what is going to be important to you when you transition to a rest home through an interview. This is important as even simple patterns to daily life provide structure and security to your well-being. Without thinking these through, transitioning to a new environment may change these and unsettle you.
- We review what the audit reports and other official agencies (e.g. Health and Disability Commission) reports reveal about the safety and quality of care so we can help you choose preferred rest homes for your physical (medical), mental and spiritual condition.
- Finally we match what you need to what we know about the rest homes to create a shortlist of those that fit you best, excluding those which will struggle to meet what is important to you.